Sunday, July 11, 2010

We're here and it's beautiful!

Hello from Iasi, Romania!!

Despite a rainy day and a death defying, second-scariest-plane-landing-i've-ever-had, we woke up to a beautiful day and a cool breeze after a short but restful night at our hotel, Little Texas.

Today has been so wonderful and full of worship. We started at Way of Joy church where we met some beautiful Romanian people and listened to a roughly translated version of the sermon from the pastor, Valentine. He is leading our camp and we will be working with his son, Raul (22) and his daughter, Alexandra (21). Alex sang for us this morning and she has such a beautiful voice. She is studying music at the university here and it was such a treat to hear her sing. To my surprise, I was asked to play a song on guitar and sing also. Wow. Soooo not prepared for that!! But I couldn't say no, so I chose "Pure" by Kari Jobe and the Lord provided..

More later. I'm exhausted!!

Much love,
K

No comments: