Monday, December 1, 2008

Resistance is Futile...


Have you ever thought to yourself, of someone else's endeavor, "that's nice...but I would never do that..." ? Or even partaken of something yourself and made a point to avoid it, should it ever pose a possibility in the future?

I think this way often, as my best friend would tell you. However, the vast majority of the time, I find myself inevitably giving in to whatever it was that I was so originally opposed to. Thankfully, my friends are very patient with me, and love to rub things in my face once they find I've given in...all in good fun of course.

Exhibit A: Facebook. After giving up on the myspace craze, I refused over and over again to step foot into the wide world of facebook. Futile. I'm hooked.

Exhibit B: The four inch-round freshly baked Otis Spunkmire Cookies in the doctor's lounge. Every day, I say I'll forgo dessert after lunch. But I've found they don't last long once their undercooked-gooey-warm-goodness hits the cookie case. (I thought doctors were supposed to be healthy???) So, lest on the days I actually DO want a cookie and they are all gone...I've taken to checking for them before I even see what's for lunch. Futile.

Lastly..."Blog-World." Oh, how I wanted so much to ignore this world. But then my friends had kids. And then new friends had blogs, and before I knew it, I was looking forward to checking for updates! Content to be a spectator, I continued to resist.

Enter the Holy Spirit.

Now, I know the Lord works in many ways. I've found it commical the modes He has used in my own life (my favorite story is when He convicted me of my lack of faith through a Country Song...it's a great story)... But "Blog-World"? Really, Lord? And the answer...yes. The best way I learn is by reiterating. Reprocessing. Summarizing. And sharing the lessons I'm being taught. That's what this medium is to be for me. A place to organize, express, and internalize the thoughts, ideas, and truths that come from walking by grace as a child of God, through faith in Jesus Christ.

Join me, friend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love that you joined blogging! welcome--looking forward to reading all the time! =)
hope all is well.

Kyle said...

I look forward to processing your reprocessed thoughts. This should be fun. I'm already tempted to start a blog too.

Like I don't have enough to do.

By My Pen said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I love that you have entered the blog world...it inspires me to continue my journeys. I like to try to keep things light, cause I can get way to deep. I love the cookie pic. I haven't figured out how to use all the fancy graphics :)