
I have some exciting news to share with you!
After traveling to both India and Romania twice over the past two years, I had planned on staying home this year. That decision came after a summer of house buying and medical problems, in my attempt to be wise financially. However, I’m still learning that God’s timing and ways are often different than ours as recently I was asked to join a mission team to help lead girls discipleship. After much prayer and confirmation, I’m excited to share that I am going to South Africa!
From March 28 through April 8th I will have an amazing opportunity to equip S. African youth in sharing the Gospel of Jesus with their own people. My trip is with Hope2Africa, a partner ministry of First Baptist Church Woodstock, Georgia. Our team of 9 includes my dear friend Karen K who taught me about the Lord when I was 14! I’m so blessed to serve along with Karen and this team!
Hope2Africa exists to:
1. Encourage the youth living in poverty and surrounded by HIV/aids in the squatter camps of South Africa. To tell them Jesus loves them, values them and has a plan for their future.
2. Equip these youth to share Jesus with their own communities. We teach them how to discover and use their creative talents in the arts (drama, art, creative writing, dance and music) to share the Gospel in the streets of their squatter camp.
3. Empower, pour into and train the next generation of Godly leaders to reach South Africa for Christ.
Please consider being a part of this trip by praying and giving. I would love for you to partner with us by praying for the students, our team, and the vision of Hope2Africa. If you would like more specifics on what I will be doing during our trip please email me: kconnor7@yahoo.com and visit the ministry website: www.hope2africa.com.
I’m humbled by this opportunity and thankful for you!
“How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”
Romans 10:14-15
No comments:
Post a Comment