So the original intent of this blog was to tell you what I'm learning, and to be honest, if I were to share EVERYTHING I've learned lately, I'd have to post like every other day or at least a couple of times a week. And if you know me at all, you know I SHOULD be studying for my recertification Board exam...the exam that determines whether I get to keep my license to practice as a PA....kind of a big deal and all. Wwwweeeelllllllllllllllllllll...... Let's just say that, after 6 years of being out of school, I STINK at studying. I've lost all motivation when it comes to sitting down, in front of a book, and actually reading facts over and over. My mind COMPLETELY wanders. I get that bored kind of hungry that makes me eat dry cereal just to have some ELSE to do. And I start making lists. Lists of all the stuff that floods my mind when I should be concerned about my future CAREER instead.
Needless to say, I should be studying right NOW actually. But instead, I feel compelled to write because I've read something so wonderful, so beautiful, and so convicting, it needs to be shared. It's on prayer and prayer is something everyone needs to grow in. I don't think anyone could say they've perfected their prayer lives. I do know of one sweet lady who is a PRAYER WARRIOR who has even recently prayed for healing and received it. (Maybe I'll blog on that later...I LOVE Ms. Marcy!!)...
So, here are a few thoughts from a man named Arthur Tappan Pierson (1837-1911). I hope this isn't copyrighted because, well, he's no longer with us, so I don't know who I would even ask permission to post this!?!
Anyway, this excerpt is called Continuing in Prayer and is worth the read:
"As assuredly as that which you ask would be for your real good, and therefore for the honor of the Lord; and as assuredly as you ask it solely on the ground of the worthiness of our Lord Jesus, so assuredly you will at last obtain the blessing. The great point is that we ask only for that which would be for the glory of God to give to us, for that, and that alone, can be for our real good. We must secondly ask it in the Name of the Lord Jesus, and expect it only on the grounds of His merits and worthiness. Thirdly, we should believe that God is able and willing to give us what we ask Him for. Fourthly, we should continue in prayer till the blessing is granted without fixing to God a time when, or the circumstances under which, He should give the answer. Patience should be in exercise in connection with our prayer. At the same time, we should look out for and expect an answer. If we pray in this way, we shall not only have answers...but our own souls will be greatly refreshed and invigorated in connection with these answers."
May it be of me, O Lord. May it be.
Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment