Salut!
A while back I wrote a blog about a medical mission trip opportunity to Iasi, Romania through the Church of Brookhills and E3Partners. Well, we are just around the corner from our departure date, and the trip has changed faces multiple times....
We began with about 25 interested people. After the economic downturn and the difficulty in finding a doctor to sponsor our trip, we are down to 13 people, leaving only 9 on the evangelical team and 4 on the medical team...an optometrist, two nurses, and myself, the "nurse" PA. I was very discouraged and unsure of whether even to go. As I prayed and waited though, the Lord began to move. In small ways at first... At our second meeting we were asked if anyone played a musical instrument to help with team worship while there. I was the only one who raised my hand and turns out, will be taking my guitar (those of you who know me, know that one of the main reasons I learned to play was for things like this). In a subsequent meeting, we were told we still didn't have a doc and therefore couldn't even take prescription medicines....again, discouraging. Well, through waiting and more prayer, we have found a Romanian doctor to work with us! And when we prayed for money to purchase the prescription meds, we learned a week later, someone had donated $700 to buy prescription medicines and eye glasses. Our team leader got some great deals and we even came in under budget for these items!
On the home front, we’ve had generous donations of over the counter medicines and supplies from friends like you. And, I just found out last week that we have some Romanian medical students eager to join in our clinics, as well!
I've learned so much already about depending on the Lord to provide, move, show up, and take control! It's been convicting and a powerful reminder that stepping out in faith is an act of Trust in the Lord and an act of Worship as well. He is Who He says He is, and He will do what He says He will do...
I can't thank you enough for your generous support, faithful prayer and sweet encouragement.
Multumesc! Dumnezeu sa te Binecuvinteze!
(Thank you! God bless you!)
Karen Connor
No comments:
Post a Comment