Hi~ I'm checking this from Bucharest, Romania!!
We just left Iasi, Romania and I cried for 30 minutes because I became surprisingly close with my 21 yo translator, Laura, and the Pastors wife, Denise. I met Pastor Florin and Denise and their 3 children, David (16), Andrew(11), and Estera (7) and have been amazed at how their WHOLE family serves Jesus Christ and shares the TRUTH of the gospel in such a dark country. I have had some amazing experiences this week and I've never felt so much like family with anyone in such a short amount of time as I have with Laura and Denise. These Christians have so much struggle for Truth in such dark blackness of Orthodox religion. It blankets the country with such a heaviness...and yet the Christian Evangelicals are strong in faith and passionate in missions...it's utterly amazing. I'm speechless.
I will blog more about the specific amazing stories from my trip when I get home. For now, I still can't get my head around this trip...it may take a while.
I get back in the states Sunday night. Please pray for our safe travel...
And we are bringing a young Romanian guy, Raoul (21) back to the states for his first time. He's studying to be a worship pastor and will be spending time at the church of Brookhills and with some friends in SC and CA. Pray for him...he has a lot of adjustments up ahead!!
With Love and Brokenness,
Karen
No comments:
Post a Comment