All that to say, I was a bit squimish at first. Sure, I give shots all day long, to other people…but there is just something disturbing about approaching your own skin with a sharp object…intentionally! I admit, I was a little whiny the first few times. But to my surprise and delight, IT DIDN’T HURT! My incredible blessing of a roommate, Linn, was the perfect supervisor and cheerleader for the first two weeks, until I got into a routine. She would eagerly attend my “shot nights” and clap when I was finished! Haha…so funny.
I will praise the Lord for answering the prayers of so many of you…I have not had any side effects (barring the one night I forgot to take ibuprofen before my shot and woke up a 2am with shaking chills that lasted for a couple of hours—you can bet I haven’t made THAT mistake again!) Other than the shots, I wouldn’t even know I have MS. My vision is restored and my eye pain is gone. I get tired more easily but I think that is just because I haven’t worked out in FOREVER…because…..
I’ve been moving to my NEW HOUSE!!! Yeah! The Lord has lavished a fun new house on me and blessed me with one and possibly two wonderful roommates!! Linn made the move with me and Jessica may be joining us in November!! It has been a crazy adventure and very time consuming. But we’ve gotten most everything finished and the only room left that needs work…is mine! I still have a floor full of pictures and papers and odds and ends. But every other room is largely complete with the exception of some much needed wall art.
We have Bob (philodendron), Lily (peace lily), and Patty (petunia)…our three house plants. And we’ll be getting a forth for the dining room soon, a banana plant. Anyone want to name it?
Often, at some point during the day, Linn or I will inevitably make a comment about the fact that we really get to live here. In this wonderful place. And that it’s really mine?! It only takes a Saturday to realize, yes, I AM responsible for this place: I cut the back yard last weekend. I fought with the lawnmower and the hose wheel. I weeded the front planters. And tomorrow, I’ll begin sealing the garage floor. Ha!
Stay tuned because I want to have a house dedication. A night where I intentionally “give it back” to the One from Whom it came. A night where we can walk through each room and pray for how the Lord would use that space for His glory. A night of thanksgiving to God for His gracious gift. And a night of fellowship with one another, which I hope to be a regular occurrence in this place.
Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. James 1:17
1 comment:
I think you should name the banana plant coco. That is all. :)
Post a Comment