Well it's been a week since my "diagnosis" of multiple sclerosis, found only because I woke up last Tuesday largely unable to see out of my left eye. I still have that problem. It's been a busy week with house stuff (we close on July 15th and move in on the 24th!!!) and work, but it's been a good week. I've done pretty well adjusting to my lack of depth perception and happily the crazy sensitivity to light has gone away! I even did three surgeries this week. It feels good to be back in the O.R. and I can still do my job. I just don't want to spend all day in surgery at this point because it's not the best idea and it's a strain on my "good" eye. Still, I'm so thankful I'm not sitting at home contemplating all the unknowns of MS. Because they are just that. Unknown.
I've gotten multiple calls, kits, injectors, and helps from what will be my new medication people. I'll start my beta-interfuron injections next week on Monday Wednesday and Fridays. That leaves no weekend injections. YAY! It seems pretty easy and the kit is pretty self explanatory. The only thing I'm praying for is little to no side effects from the medicine, which can range anywhere from injector site reactions, to flu-like symptoms, to...suicidal ideations. Hm. Lovely.
All in all, it's pretty affordable too.
I have a second opinion appointment scheduled end of July but I'm hoping to be worked in sooner because I really just want ..a second opinion...ha...about the meds. There are several to choose from and each have their own list of pros and cons. So we'll see with all that.
Confession time. Today was really the first day I struggled with a bad attitude/frustration and reacted poorly to a couple of people's inquires at work. I felt immediately terrible and the Lord reminded me of His love and grace. By mid morning, He had restored my peace, joy and happiness even...and again, I got to go to surgery today so that was great!! We even had lunch catered two days in a row so I didn't have to wait till we were finished with clinic to grab food while walking to the O.R...haha it's the little things. And it's those same little things that remind me over and over again that I am rich. I am abundantly blessed. I have my needs met, my stomach fed, my heart full of joy and love, and more than all of that, I have a Savior, Redeemer, and Lord Who made me, called me, saved me and has given me NEW LIFE and the greatest purpose ever...To Bring Him GLORY.
I pray that I will be faithful during times of frustration. I pray that I will be patient as the Lord teaches me to trust Him more fully, to pour out my heart to HIM and to walk WITH Him. I pray that others will long to know the FULLNESS of His love through Christ Jesus Who removed the separation between us and God by paying our penalty for sin on the cross. Jesus is the only way possible to have communion...sweet amazing full communion with the Father.
"O taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man that takes refuge in Him. Ps 34.8"
No comments:
Post a Comment