Sunday, May 15, 2011

Learning How to Love

Steven Curtis Chapman's son Caleb has a band by that name and it's pretty legit! Here's the lyrics to a favorite song of his...look them up on iTunes!!! Or click the song title (link) for a poor recording attempt from a live concert..he's such a little cutie.

LEARNING HOW TO LOVE

By Caleb

Say, they say that trust it takes time.

That it’s a mountain to climb.

I think that I am the reason why.

Break,

I’ve broken promises made.

I’ve shaken ground that’s been laid.

And built these walls to protect my pride.

I think I’m falling apart at the seams.

And it seems they’re unraveling, as usual.

CHORUS:

I’ve been waiting for… things to change in my heart again.

I’ve been changing… while waiting,

I’ll be taking steps for YOU.

I’ve been changed,

But I’m still learning how to Love.

I’m still learning how to Love.

Take me.

I feared that love wouldn’t take me.

I feared that Grace was a maybe.

I feared the cost of my broken word.

Trust me.

You took my hand and said “Trust Me.

You took my heart and said “Love Me.

With who you are not with who you were.


Why do I run to the things that I don’t want to do

What’s the problem here?

I’ve felt Love that’s been true

But continued to unravel still…

CHORUS

Refrain:

Oh these storms I know

These battles of the soul

The scars that start to show

While learning how, learning how, I am learning how to Love…..

CHORUS

No comments: